1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Social settings....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markasherman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. markasherman

markasherman Member

Aug 5, 2009
    High school English teacher
    Denver, Colorado
    While I understand the purpose of the CLIQ is its social networking aspects, I am thinking of buying this phone for my wife who does not use Facebook, etc. The reason for this phone is the keyboard, she is not fan of touch screen and I think the G1 is just too bulky.

This brings me to my question: Is there a way I can kill all the networking settings and extra on screen buttons so it will be closer to the MyTouch that I have?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. JMONEY1026

JMONEY1026 Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Sales Manager
    orlando
    I am a Newbie but i beleive that if you do not set up your motorola blur account you wont get all the social feeds into the phone. Hope that helps. I love the phone and am getting one for my wife too. She doesnt have a Facebook or Myspace or Twitter Ect. She says that she may finally make one if its easy to use on the phone.

3. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Hyundai Internet Sales
    San Diego, CA
    When you first turn on the CLIQ just opt out in putting in your facebook, myspace, and/or twitter account. You do however have to make a motoblur account though I believe.

4. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Central Oregon
    It's also easy enough to drag all of the MotoBlur social networking widgets off the home screen(s) that you won't be using to further customize the Cliq's Look&Feel.

I really like the Cliq keyboard, haven't seen a better one (yet) on an Android phone. It is way, WAY better than the Droid, G1 or Moment keyboards.

/BD