• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Socket Not Connected Error

egruna2

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
Alright I've had my Captivate since Tuesday and everything was working great up until yesterday when my wifi started acting up. 3 bars of wifi and every time I try to load Facebook, or the Android Market, or DolphinHD it sits there for a while trying to load, then either gives me the "Socket Not Connected" error or something along the lines of Network Error. Everything works fine on 3G, and from what I can tell everyone else connected to the schools network is NOT having the same problem. Any suggestions? Ive tried turning the phone on/off, forgetting and re-connecting to the University Wifi, and turning my wifi on/off multiple times. This is pre firmware update (didn't have time to sit and babysit the update last night).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones