• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Soft Bricked S4

Zybersun

Lurker
Sep 19, 2016
I am new to this forum. I am not new to computers. Linux, BSD or Windows. I soft bricked my S4. Yes it was my fault, a dumb mistake. Anyways the Samsung Galaxy S4 is looping at the Verizon logo screen. I tried to do a factory reset, cleared the cache partition, etc, etc, etc. The only option I see is flashing a ROM to the S4. I researched it and found the exact Verizon ROM needed.

I am very cautious right now on what I do. I don't want to completely brick the phone. I want to make sure I do this the right way and any help, suggestions or tips in this area would be great. The contract on the S4 phone is up and it is paid for. I now have an S7 from Verizon. Do I have to keep the Verizon ROM or can I use something else? If I can, great. If not why is that?

If I can change the ROM to something other then Verizon I would like to also do that with my Ellipsis 7, also from Verizon, and the contract is up and it is paid for as well. BUT, the experiments start on the S4 first since I have an S7 now.

Thank You in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones