• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Soft key problems?

My soft keys wont light up unless I cover up the light sensor but i have max brightness on. Am I missing something or is this just normal? Are they normally light up when unlocked or pushed?

Sent from my Incredible.

Mine is doing the exact same thing! Even when its been sleeping and i push the ON button I would expect the 4 soft keys on the bottom to light up but they dont. If you figure out how to fix it please let me know!! I thought it was broken but I tried covering the screen with my hand so it was dark and they did come on. I still want it changed though!:)

Upvote 0
Mine is doing the exact same thing! Even when its been sleeping and i push the ON button I would expect the 4 soft keys on the bottom to light up but they dont. If you figure out how to fix it please let me know!! I thought it was broken but I tried covering the screen with my hand so it was dark and they did come on. I still want it changed though!:)

Definitely. I mean I don't think the keys are broken since they obviously work but I know the Droid's keys are on when the phone isn't locked. Hopefully someone can help us out or if this normal, tell us.

Upvote 0
Received my Incredible today and I immediately noticed the soft key lights weren't lighting up when I expected them to. I still have my Eris, so I did some tests.

1. In dim light, backlight is on for both Eris and Incred.
2. In bright light, backlight is off for both Eris and Incred.
3. In bright light with the backlight off, the Eris keys are much easier to read than the Incred.

Therefore the lack of backlight is more noticable on the Incred. than the Eris.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones