• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft Keys Not Lighting Up...

I must be ignorant if somebody has posted something similar to mine but the soft keys on my Ally are not lighting up. And I realized this yesterday when I was in my friend's really dark room. She was trying to use my phone and the front buttons were just off. So I was wondering if there is any fix to this issue? Thanks in advanced! :)

P.S. yes my physical keyboard lights up perfectly fine but I just don't understand why the soft keys don't light up.

I must be ignorant if somebody has posted something similar to mine but the soft keys on my Ally are not lighting up. And I realized this yesterday when I was in my friend's really dark room. She was trying to use my phone and the front buttons were just off. So I was wondering if there is any fix to this issue? Thanks in advanced! :)

P.S. yes my physical keyboard lights up perfectly fine but I just don't understand why the soft keys don't light up.

This happens when your battery gets low, its to save battery.

Upvote 0
When you make a call, does the screen go dark? Or does it stay lit as you put it to your face? Sounds like a hardware issue if you said yes to either one... get it replaced under warranty

Good point. You're referring to the light sensor of course which is supposed to turn off the screen when the phone is held up to your face, etc. This leads me to ask, does the original poster maybe have some sort of case or cover on the phone? Can't block that top right corner of the screen, the phone won't ever know if you're in light or darkness.

Upvote 0
Yeah my light sensor works fine, it does turn off when I hold it or cover it during a phonce call but what I'm more concerned about is the soft keys on my phone.

Does the light sensor have anything to do with those keys? And also no I don't have a case on, not even a screen protector over te light sensor area and it is not diry around that are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones