1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Software and security patch updates.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joe71, Aug 8, 2020.

1. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

Okay I have been using the Moto G7 power since May. I bought it for $229 plus tax at Walmart. When I turned the phone on I checked the software and it had Android 8 (Oreo install) so I checked for a software update.
    For almost five hours it downloaded and installed various security patches system updates.
    I think I eventually fell asleep I get up the next day and notice the phone symbol in the notification bar indicating another update is available.
    I checked and found it was for Android 9 .
    My last update was for the June security patch.
    If I have two complaint about Motorola devices it's the lack of support and bloatware. I have read that the Moto G7 power is inline to get Android 10:rolleyes: my opinion is so what I am more interested in security patches.
    I wish that Motorola phones got regular monthly security patches

MrJavi likes this.
  2. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

Depends on what carrier u on to gett6 security up dates I'm on costum rom android 10 really nice go to tellagram to Moto g7 power suport group u can get faster assistance

MrJavi likes this.

moto g(7) power Forum

The moto g(7) power release date was February 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 632 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 2019
Release Date
Reviews