1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Software problems with S7 Edge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SoozSnow, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SoozSnow

SoozSnow Lurker
    Aug 2, 2016

Aug 2, 2016
    Has anyone had any problems with their S7 Edge acting "weird" - like it was as if someone else was using my 'phone - all the apps were opening and closing on their own. Then, it started shutting down and re-starting on its own. Then I kept getting messages saying all my apps were closing. My bluetooth went off and would not start again so I couldn't connect to bluetooth at all. Then, last of all, after I had shut my 'phone off overnight, when I switched it on the next morning the screen froze on the Samsung Android start up screen and would not move. I had to perform a soft reset. This kept happening over and over and over again. I took it to the shop and they reset it for me but I am still having problems - although not as bad as before - but it still closes apps all the time when I am trying to use them, especially Facebook. It shuts down and re-starts randomly all the time and it still freezes sometimes when starting. I have been advised by the shop that if the reset didn't work, they would have to put a new motherboard in the 'phone for me. I am not really happy with this. I would have thought it would be easier and just as economical just to give me a new 'phone rather than all this faffing around - I have been advised it could take up to three weeks to replace the motherboard. The 'phone, incidentally, is less than 3 months old so is still under manufacturer's warranty. Any advice on my options would be much appreciated.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.