• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Software Update 13/09/2010..... Problems!!!!!!

paul3580

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
Hi

Has anyone else had a software update request on the x10 in the last few days that hasn't actually worked, followed onscreen instructions but didn't do anything. Now the phone is cancelling calls, ringing random people on my past call list and going very slow.

I'm based in the uk and use t mobile as my network provider, contacted them but informed me i'd have to go through sony ericsson itself, spoke to somebody on work experience by the sounds of things, couldn't be bothered to help me, the best advice I actually received was to turn off phone, remove battery, restart phone, try to download the software update of the settings menu, did this but had the connect to your pc and try this message, the guy just said thats all that can be done to resolve this.

Has anyone got any advice whatsoever to help me with this potentially useless x10

Cheers
Paul :thinking:

If the SEUS says you are up to date then you can select the repair option BUT make sure you back up your contacts and any important info saved on the phone (sd card shouldn't be affected) Apps you should be able to reinstall from the market. I'm no expert on the back up thing, so take all the other advice you can get!

Let us know how it goes tho. Hope you get sorted.

Upvote 0
Everyone mentions the "Backup your contacts" situation. Does this still apply if you are already setup to synch with Google? I am almost certain that I remember reloading the software on the phone on the fly, and after inputting my Google account info, all my contacts and calendar info was synched. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have been singing the praises of Android phones on this convenience.

Upvote 0
Did my update through a pc after the phone told me there was an update but that I had to connect via a computer to do it. Computer said phone was up to date but I persevered and did a fresh install anyway after using the built in back up tool. Disaster! No discernable change in settings i.e. firmware and build are the same, not sure about kernal, and after reinstalling my backup I still have no Facebook, Twitter or anything to do with Timescape, no emails, no contacts before those beginning with the letter T and of course no apps despite the fact that the backup tool specifically says it will cover the apps. AVOID

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones