1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Software update by Sprint Kills functions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WB3HHV, Jul 13, 2011.

1. WB3HHV

WB3HHV Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    I have the htc EVO 4G by Sprint.. On a notice by TEXT, from SPRINT, they stated an update was required and the phone would be "down" during the update. This happened... Following their update numerous Apps failed completely requiring re installation. In addition lost were numerous video files and music files. The most unacceptable modification however, was the inability to send my phone book to the car as I had been doing for the past year. Presuming any SPRINT TEC COULD OR WOULD HELP, or had and understanding of the matter, it would surely corrected. Not so.. After 12 phone contacts SPRINT concluded that in order to have my 189 telephone numbers sent to the device in my 2009 MB vehicle it would require a visit to the MB dealer for my computer re-configuration. Well, even though I knew this to be "BULL" the visit took place and after a 46 mile trip it was determined that SPRINT had knowingly disabled the ability to move the telephone Book to the vehicle. The phone feature will work for incoming and outgoing calls but, difficult if I could remember all the numbers and key in each digit one at a time. After returning from the dealer I contacted SPRINT and they clearly "could care less", and made no attempt to resolve by an APP to correct this matter, they just terminated the call.

I now understand this may be a coming TREND however stupid, as it only creates more serious problems for the driver to look up manually the numbers then key in all the numbers when a simple single stroke was needed when the book was available. Go figure.. Does any one know of an APP that will correct this matter ? If not I would urge SPRINT customers to find another provider. Warning SERVICE or Empathy by Sprint has evaporated. Great news for a us Senior Citizens..

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

Sorry to hear about your frustration. The best place to get specific information about your problem will be in HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums. Other users who have gone through the update might have some insight for you.

I do know that when major updates happen on my Android phones that often it's necessary to clear both the Bluetooth connections and WiFi credentials and re-pair the the Phone with my car (2011 Mitsubishi). You might want to try that before installing any apps.

Just an FYI, I can sympathize with your frustration with Sprint and the situation, but bold large type makes the post incredibly difficult to read, especially on smaller screens.

3. bbrosen

bbrosen Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    bad, poor horrible customer service is a trend now and probably they way things will be from now on, I have seen this more and more these last few years. No one cares at these companies, not one person, and even if someone did care, they have no knowledge, power or authority to do anything about it, and it is just sad. Sorry, wish i had an answer.