• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Software update causing issues including the disappearance of running apps

Are21

Sep 7, 2014
I did the new software update for my Samsung galaxy s6 and its changed so much which I dont like. My main concern is with the application manager.
I used to be able to see 'running apps' on my phone and close them down manually but it seems in this update, it doesn't exist. I can no longer tell which apps are running. Is there a solution to this?

Advanced Task Killer is a good app... It's in the Play Store... Which version of Android is it on now (to find out go to Settings>About Phone/Device and it will be on there somewhere)...

If so, clear all data from them and uninstall... Make sure to clear data/cache or files could be left behind... It would also be useful to get ES File Explorer first (run it once as soon as you install, before uninstalling CM apps) and it will prompt you to delete any files/folders left behind after uninstalling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones