• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Software Update Failed

tammyls

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
OK, I am not a techi droid talk kind of person, and frankly alot of the verbage I see on these posts scare me. So be kind :eek:

I have been trying to update my droid x for two days now. Have pulled the battery, rebooted several times. The update goes on like it is being downloaded, gets to the point where it asks if you want to install or do later, I tap install. After it reboots again, it tells me it failed to update.

I do not know how to root of if my phone has been rooted or understand that full concept. I appear to stilll have all the orignally apps on my phone, however I have tapped the "force close" on a few of them to save my battery. I have task killer and juice defender installed and am using them.

I've read alot of very technical comments, maybe to you they are simple toddler english however, and I just cannot for the life of me figure out where to start or what to do. Found a two page instruction list, but am scared to try it.

Any walk through or help would be appreciated. I contacted Motorola and they just gave me a number to a level 2 techi to call. I will do that if no one wants to or can help me, I know I am droid illilterate :) Although have learned quickly, coming from a BB.

Thanks for your help... ALL I WANT TO DO IS UPDATE MY PHONE... JEEZ

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones