• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software update - have to wait 24 hours?

itsdavetime

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
I went to check for the new software update, and I received a message "You may check again in 23 hours". Is there any way to reset this so I don't actually have to wait 23 hours to manually check for a software update?

I thought I read somewhere that I can clear data from an application, but I don't remember which one or where I had read that.

Thanks

I went to check for the new software update, and I received a message "You may check again in 23 hours". Is there any way to reset this so I don't actually have to wait 23 hours to manually check for a software update?

I thought I read somewhere that I can clear data from an application, but I don't remember which one or where I had read that.

Thanks

you should be able to change the time on your device to 24hours ahead. It works on the captivates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones