1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Software update help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superfilm968, Aug 12, 2012.

1. superfilm968

superfilm968 Newbie

Hi,
    my phone keep asking me to install the software update (file size 93.72mb), I'm not sure what software this file is belong to, I think this is a new firmware of Android (not 100% sure about this).

When I received this phone, I've already rooted with the Stock ROM but I haven't reset the counter back to 0 using TriangleAway yet, so I just want to ask is safe for me to install this update without reset the counter?

Currently my phone's details are:
    AP: I9300BUALF1
    CP: I9300BULF1
    CSC: I9300VFGALF1
    BUILD NUMBER: IMM76D.I9300BUALF1

KERNEL VERSION:
    3.0.15-671831-user
    dpi@DELL148#1
    SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 5 10:17:57 KST

BASEBAND VERSION: I9300BULF1

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

If it's rooted you won't be able to update it anyway. Just download the latest firmware and flash it with Odin. You will loose root access, but you can just root it back normally.

3. superfilm968

superfilm968 Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply! and sorry as a "newbie" so I had to ask so many questions!

Are you try to say the phone will not be able to update if I press install directly from the phone? What will happen if I do press the key to install it directly from the phone?

If I download this file from the phone, how can I locate the file and use Odin to flash it with the file than root it again? What will happen to the counter, is this means it will increase to 2 (currently is 1)?

The bottom line is I don't really want to update as my phone is fully working, it just annoying that the phone just keep popping up the message asking me to update. Is there anyway I can clear the notification from my phone about the update? Currently I have the icon on the top left hand side of the phone keeps showing the update is available and I can't clear that off, all I can do is postponed the time to 3 hours and after that it will pop up again.

Also I can't find a clear instruction of how to use TriangleAway, I found the link [18.07.2012][ROOT] TriangleAway v1.70 - xda-developers

from this link there are two files need to download: param.tar and TriangleAway-v1.70.apk , is there a clear instruction how to reset the counter back to 0 and keep the phone rooted? Or should I leave it as it is?

4. sherlock5545

Which variant of the Galaxy S3 do you have? If you have the international one, here you have the lastest firmware: SamMobile Firmware Page

You need to register to the site first of all. After that, using Odin, select the firmware on the PDA box. Put the phone on Download Mode and flash it.

Anyway, I don't actually see any need of resetting the flash counter when it's that low. Unless you need to send it out for warranty purposes, just don't bother about it. It's a risky process, so there's no need to gamble when it's not needed.

5. superfilm968

superfilm968 Newbie

I know SamMobile Firmware site, I just not sure which firmware I should download that's all, because when I search the I9300, there are so many on the site. My phone is the International Unbranded Version, but I want to download the Australian Stock Rom (XSA), is this gonna be a problem?

Is there other site I can download the Stock ROM? the files from SamMobile site linked to hotfile.com, but everytime I downloaded till 99% and it stop, very hard to finish downloading the file.

6. sherlock5545

7. superfilm968

superfilm968 Newbie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews