1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Software update, now no alarm!? . .

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LewiH, May 3, 2015.

1. LewiH

LewiH Lurker

Hey guys, hope you can help...

I've always had the alarm widget on my home page and it's very handy. I recently did a software update and now I don't have a widget for alarms nor can I seem to set an alarm manually...

The only way I've been able to set an alarm is by double tapping the home button and talking to it :-/ surely that's not right!?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

What update did you get? If it was a firmware update it is recommended by samsung to do a factory reset after you update for the phone to operate properly without any issues.

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Pull down the notification panel and tap on the time. That should take you to the clock app where you can set your alarm :thumbsupdroid:

mydian likes this.
  4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Just go to widgets and re add it. Its still in the stock firmware. Also some launchers break that widget so make sure you are using the stock tw launcher or nova.

5. LewiH

LewiH Lurker

Thanks for the replies people... Jamstew, it was update 4.4.4, when I get the chance to back up my phone I'll try a factor re-set.

Funkylogik, when I pull down the menu and tap the clock it just bring up normal date and time settings, no alarm settings...

Madbat, there is no alarm option in the widgets... I have checked checked and checked again in case I was just going mad!? But definitely not there. And sorry, what do you mean by launchers? It's completely stock phone, wouldn't have changed any launchers or anything

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Every s3 I've ever seen has an alarm widget. And every android phone has an alarm. Look for clock in your app drawer and you should see all clock options. Also if you just add a regular clock widget, tapping it will take you to all clock settings.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews