1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Software update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrData, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MrData

MrData Newbie
    None

Ok -- I'm getting kinda nervous here. So far I've been happy with my S6s (Android version 5.1.1, not sure which food group that is) but I'm starting to see a lot of troubles having to do with the software update. I assume we're talking about the "Marshmallow" update?
    Is this something that I will be asked to do or will I wake up one morning and the phone will be telling me to come back later when it's through doing it's automatic update. Is there going to be a "Marshmallow.2.0" coming out to address all these concerns or are these problems that are cropping up attributed to operator error?

Advertisement

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    The update will not automatically install (if the update is made available to you, it will prompt you to install). There won't be a new Marshmallow release (except for security updates that Samsung/carrier release for you)

MrData likes this.
  3. MrData

MrData Newbie
    None

4. sdtag

sdtag Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    my update deleted the stock email ap. my email settings are still there but the ap disappeared. I got on the phone with Verizon and they had me go to Google Play and download TypeApp, an email client. He said it was better than the stock ap. I was very skeptical, but you know what - it is! I am back in business. So far that seems to be my only snag.

5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    hi guys.
    just got my o2 s6 and marshmallow update carne through immediately...had too say yes to it
    ...all seems good so far
    cheers
    Dan

6. Bebe112481

Bebe112481 Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2016
    Female
    Ever since the new update, my phone won't hold a network connection. For example, I will try to play Pandora or a radio app, and it will stop after one song and say network error. I'm getting frustrated :mad:

7. DroidUser1

DroidUser1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    Game Designer
    Having zero problems with marshmellow here, though I did have my phone for only a week with the old os before I updated so I don't know what I missed in the old version :D.

8. doverbey

doverbey Newbie
    None

Jul 20, 2012
    Like others, I have had several issues on my S6 since the update. ANY help would be appreciated

1) TOP Priority - phone calendar and Google calendar on my computer will NOT sync! HELP (I use both the native calendar and Touch Calendar on my phone both of which have worked well until update).

2) Really annoying:
    Stitcher app doesn't buffer. It just stops playing about every 90 seconds and I have to hit PLAY again to get the next 90 seconds of a podcast. Bebe112481, I think this is the same issue that you may be having????

3) Annoying but I can live with them :
    I have several different weather apps and have tried the widget for each one but the widgets will not update and mostly "fail to load." The apps themselves are working fine.

No spaces automatically inserted in Chrome when searching

4) Solved but it totally freaked me out as I was on my way somewhere new -
    Navigation in Google Maps wouldn't work. That took several hours to troubleshoot and I did piece together a fix (if anyone else needs help, shout out) that did not require the FACTORY RESET that was suggested by an "expert" in the Google Support Forums.

9. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    hi guys - sorry to hear some are having issues - my uk o2 s6 has been all ok since the 6.0 update - no oddness at all
    ...I hear the possible fix after a bad update is to do a factory reset
    cheers
    dan

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.