1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Software Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hilmar2k, Jun 30, 2015.

1. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Advertisement

#1 hilmar2k, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Android Expert

Kind of sucks, hopefully it doesn't effect the current progress of root. I notice no notes about a touch screen fix or upgrade.

3. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update designed to improve the performance of your LG G4 phone.
    (ho --- hum)

The following enhancements have been made:
    • Enhanced Folio display during a call
    • Display Contact and non-Contacts numbers consistently
    in the dialer app
    • Enhanced Advanced Calling feature

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Why does everyone expect every update to be the greatest, most amazing thing ever, with 20 new features, double the phone speed, and twice the battery life? Jeez, people are greedy. I'll take whatever improvements come my way....

5. mruno

mruno Android Expert

I just got it as well. Seems the Verizon version lagged about two weeks behind the international variants for this update. Another update came out for them on the 23rd.
    My software status still shows as modified.
    [​IMG]

6. hollywoods14

Looks like touch response improvements are part of it. There is a kernel update in there also. So if you're waiting on root, i would hold off until they know if it patched the exploit.

Edit: both from XDA

woozzy101
    [​IMG]

Dennisg34
    [​IMG]

7. LinkError404

LinkError404 Well-Known Member

I can tell you all now, the improved touch response was definitely needed. I came from the G2 and the touch response was better on the G2. Now it is on par with the G4.

8. hollywoods14

There were similar issues with the G2 also. But towards the end it was solid.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: