• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software upgrade not supported

Beograd011

Lurker
Nov 7, 2009
Hello guys,

I've got the Galaxy phone thru my operator in Serbia, Telenor (Telenor: Products and services / eShop / Phones / Mobile phones)

I tried to use the New PC Studio in order transfer my contacts to this new phone, but realized that it's an impossible task to do... a huge disappointment.

Anyways, after countless hours of trying to put my PC and Samsung Galaxy to work together, I finally succeeded in installing the latest version of PC Studio as instructed on this website, in order to be able to upgrade the firmware (my battery currently runs out quickly, the phone restarts or turns off with full battery once in a while, etc.)

However, although PC Studio now recognizes my phone, when I try to do the update, I get the following error message:

This device is not supported.
The device you have selected does not support software upgrade.

Any ideas what the problem could be, and how to overcome it? Many thanks!

(I swear I will never buy a Samsung product again in my life)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones