1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support software upgrade problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by M41NFRAME, Feb 10, 2014.

1. M41NFRAME

M41NFRAME Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Hi i have a galaxy 2 tab 10.1 and am trying to upgrade the software via the tabs settings menu, everytime i hit the update button i get a message saying "Cannot update software, your device has been modified" it has not been rooted or modified, also i have tried the "remove CD card and reset" thing and it still does not work, i really want to stick with android and make it work for me but it seems more trouble than its worth. any help would be great and thank you in advance.

it is currently running 4.1.1

Advertisement

2. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    England
    Have you tried the hard reset Boot using the Volume and on Button you the have the green android man options

3. M41NFRAME

M41NFRAME Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Hi Brian thank you responding i have tried all the listed methods that i have found on google, i think i am just going to get an Ipad alot easier

4. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Android Expert

Nov 8, 2010
    Go to sammobile and download the latest version and install with odin via pc i always had trouble just updating normally this will work, ordownload cm10 latest stable build its better anyway and install that there instructions on google or maybe even here somewhere wipe everthi g first tho.. Ull also need to run cfauto root..