1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

software version

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by billybroadsword, Aug 8, 2009.

1. billybroadsword

billybroadsword Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Hi,

Just a quick question as I am slightly confused about one thing:

I am not sure whether I have the latest software version of Android and if this is the case, how can I download it?

I have a T-mobile G2 Touch which tells me in settings/about phone that the firmware is at version 1.5 but the software is 1.0.0.A6288

Does this mean that my phone is still on Android 1.0? If so, how can I upgrade to the latest version?

I have been having a few problems with the phone and am wondering if this could something to do with it.

Thanks,
    Will

Advertisement

2. bodger

bodger Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Pretty sure those are correct. There hasn't been any updates released yet, and thats what I have on my white Hero.

3. Do you have the Tmo Mytouch 3G or do you have the HTC HERO AKA G2? guessing the mytouch ... and if your firmware is 1.5 thats correct and your build # should be CRC1 if it is the latest

4. billybroadsword

billybroadsword Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I have the T mobile G2. Does this make a difference?

5. nospamjl

nospamjl Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Your firmware is carrier specific, under build number -

e.g.
    Unlocked: 1.76.405.6
    Orange: 1.76.61.3
    T-Mobile: 1.76.110.6

Which means your firmware will be released only if your carrier decides to release it.

6. nospamjl

nospamjl Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Just had confirmation on another forum that HTC have not decided if they can and how they are going to release firmware updates for branded phones. e.g. OTA, from carrier/HTC

so basically if you want future firmware support I wouldn't recommend buying a branded phone until confirmation of what happens.

Quite worring really!

7. isdoo

isdoo Active Member

Aug 7, 2009

Tags: