• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Solar Chargers Revisited

Max Q

Lurker
Jan 1, 2010
Any TBolt users have any experience with solar chargers? I've been trying to come up with a solution to maximize the longevity of my battery each day. I have decided against a spare battery to avoid having to remove and replace the cover once every day. Since i do not have access to a car or wall charger at work, the only other option seems to be a charging pack.

I picked up the Solio Classic Li-ion solar charger at REI yesterday and have been playing around with it a bit. So far, I am pretty impressed with the performance and build quality. With the screen brightness all the way up, gps and navigation operating, music playing, and all radios enabled, the Solio charged the TBolt from about 85% to 100% this morning and has been holding 1350 for about 2 hours in this configuration. So at least it does what it advertises.

solio.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones