1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SOLID EXPLORER - can't connect to drive anymore

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WhiteRau, Mar 25, 2016.

1. WhiteRau

WhiteRau Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2014
    Male
    got new system. godawful Windows 10. all drives moved over. same login/pass. drives are visible but now are inaccessible. a dialog just pops up at the bottom: 0xC0000205.

it should be noted the User folder works without issue, but the other drives pop the 'error'.

what the hell is this and how do i fix it? everything was working fine in Win 7 Pro. can't find support for this application anywhere. and i'm kinda pissed about that because i paid for it.

any help would be appreciated. this is a key piece of functionality in our workflow.

thanks all.

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Try the error code in Google. Lots of hits come up.

Dave

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    I had the same problem with Windows 10. Had my IT guy look at it, no fix found. Had to revert back to Windows 8. All good again. 10 did some kind of security update that broke file sharing. Way to go Microsoft!

4. WhiteRau

WhiteRau Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2014
    Male
    good grief. the more i use this Windows 10, the more i hate it. what a pile of garbage.

dvhttn, your answer was utterly useless. you think i didn't Google it?? unbelievable...

Danydet, thank you for saving me from wasting hours trying to find a fix.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Well you hadn't said that you'd already 'googled' so the first thing is to point out the obvious! The 'what's changed since it was last working' customer support question (when they say 'nothing'!!) And as lots of hits did come up it had to be down to you to check the answers as noone else has your setup to test.

If you don't want 'obvious' answers then please tell us what you have done first!

Dannydet and electricpete like this.
  6. MeFromTheFuture

None

Mar 20, 2015
    Male
    A couple things ....1.. Check Microsoft profile settings and view connected or allowed items ..2 sign out of onedrive and unistall solid ex clearing cache an all ..then log in properly in to onedrive...re down load solid ....if solid explorer is modded it will not connect to clouds on some phones ..i use solid and have it themed how i like and once it is resigned all plugins have to have same signature... Not saying this is the case though..