1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Solution] Camera does not load. shows blank screen then dumps back to homescreen.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fdawg07, Aug 28, 2011.

1. fdawg07

fdawg07 Lurker

Whenever I hit the camera button, the camera icon pops up for a second and it goes to a black screen, just sits there for a minute, then goes back to my home page. Could this be a software issue, or hardware?

What can I do to fix it?! I feel like a hard reset would do it but I want to know if there is anything easier and quicker then having to go through all that.

Thanks a bunch!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Either force close the camera app, or reboot, that should do the trick

marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

to OP,

you say "whenever"...

so ever since you have had this handset from day one it has always done this?

are you rooted?

does this happen when you use the icon on the screen?

does this happen in 2D and 3D modes? can you get the camcorder to work?

have you attempted a battery pull?

how much system memory are you running?

factory reset will most likely cure it.. could be a rogue app also...

have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

EDIT: does the phone vibrate function work when the camera app is initiated?

4. fdawg07

fdawg07 Lurker

I took the battery out and left it out for about 15 min. Then I put it back in and the camera was working again.

Thanks for your guys' input! I really appreciate the help.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

whenever a battery pull is suggested as a troubleshooting step, 2 minutes is plenty.. :)

glad you are back in business. glitches happen.. and this may have just been a one time thing...

6. slippry

slippry Newbie

I had my screen replaced at the sprint store today after I dropped it. Tonight I wanted to take a video but every time I try to open the camera the logo comes up then goes straight back to the home screen. Any ideas?

7. slippry

slippry Newbie

I rebooted and pulled the battery without luck. I also noticed that my flashlight app isn't working either. It didn't force close the light just won't turn on. I use that app everyday so it was working yesterday. Maybe something went wrong when installing the new screen?

marctronixx likes this.
  8. marctronixx

do a factory reset. if that does not help then take it back....

9. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

The amazing Marctronixx is very wise.

Soft resets (turning a phone off and then back on) are always one of the first steps to take when troubleshooting a phone. This easy task can fix many minor issues on smartphones and I personally recommend power cycling your phone once every couple of days. It will keep your phone happy and working properly.

Factory resets (also known as hard resets) will fix the not so minor problems and help resolve serious issues related to the software on an Android device. If a Hard reset doesn

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews