1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Solution for run Behold 2 faster without Root -- just install PandaHome

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ibnturab, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Hello,
    I'm sure all you modders know this, but as a newbie to the behold 2 i wanted to share this with all the other newbs. If you want to run your phone twice as fast without rooting, just install PandaHome [free] from the Market. It takes the phone from being utterly dead to very usable. I read there is another home replacement but its not free like pandahome.

I like the behold 2 but I'm not sure why samsung decided to destroy a good thing. This could have been a very successful model had they just left the OS alone and not included bloat software.

Advertisement

2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Redmond, OR
    Any home replacement app that replaces TouchWiz will run noticeably faster.

3. aamirsalim

aamirsalim Member

Mar 28, 2010
    is there any other alternative to replace touch wiz???

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Redmond, OR
    Open Home does the same thing. It costs a few bucks. The best way to do it is to spend like 30 mins or so and learn how to properly root your phone. BH_MAN has made it very simple and your phone will run 10x better easily.

5. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I'd like to echo what spiz said. Especially with the odin-able ROMS. It's easy, and the phone runs far, far better than it ever did, even with alternative homes.

6. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Flashing a new rom is a great option for many that are willing to experiment. But many folks are not that gutsy and IMHO, there might not be a reason to at this time. I have flashed the behold 2 stock without touchwiz and its actually slower than just installing the pandahome. I did it twice to confirm. I have not tried the 1.6 galaxy port but thats still a work-in-progress and bhman is doing a great job trying tweaking it.

7. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Advance Launcher is Best if you want to Keep it stock & have the Stock Look still... imho that is.

8. Fishfan

Fishfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    BH: I don't see advancelauncher or Home as running even when i'm running them. If i use OpenHome with your nitwit rom, are they memory hogging below it?