1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Solution for Swype and Widgets Users in Froyo?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwpilly, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    I have noticed on some threads that people were having issues with their widgets and Swype on the Cyanogen Froyo rom. I was having this issue as well. Whenever I rebooted my phone I would have to make Swype my default keyboard again, and reinstall certain widgets. But I think I have found a solution. I noticed that Swype and some of these widgets had been stored on the SD card instead of on the phone. So I went into my settings and into application management and moved them over to the phone. That seemed to solve the issue. Give it a try and see if that fixes your problem, if you were having it. This is just a friendly suggestion, hope it helps.

Advertisement

2. theron324

theron324 Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I just did the force update to the 2.2 froyo. Do you know where I can find swype? I can't find it anywhere. The only verision i found was on droid life and it installed fine but when I went to swipe there was just a blinking line around the keyboard... any ideas?

3. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    Did you do a reboot? I have the same problem sometimes and that helps. Also if you long press within a textbox and switch back to the stock keyboard and back to swype that will work, too. Here is the link I got my beta from. It will tell you the beta is closed but register anyway and you should be able to get it.

Tags: