• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Solution for unworking screen but working phone?

boo222

Lurker
Sep 8, 2014
I have a samsung s20 which still works fine/plays notifications but the screen has completely blanked. The problem with taking the phone to the store to be fixed is that everything I have is unlocked. All my apps, emails, banks etc but I have no way to do a factory reset as I can't see the screen and have no clue how to do it via a laptop.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

unlocked? were they still running when the screen broke down? or were they closed? if they were closed, then your login info would have been gone. if you left them open, then that could be an issue.

you can do a soft reset by holding the power button and vol down for 10seconds. it should reboot. when it does this everything that was open will be closed.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-reset-reboot-1082815/

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
unlocked? were they still running when the screen broke down? or were they closed? if they were closed, then your login info would have been gone. if you left them open, then that could be an issue.

you can do a soft reset by holding the power button and vol down for 10seconds. it should reboot. when it does this everything that was open will be closed.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-reset-reboot-1082815/

So I never have a passlock on my phone and dropped it while i was using it. The screen is entirely dead so i cant see the outcome of the soft reset. All my apps including banking aren't password protected along with emails, social media etc which is why i hesitate to take it in to get the screen fixed.

Upvote 0
Well you are asking for trouble on your banking and email. Are you sure you don't have passwords for them? Seems kind of odd that they don't make you set one up. I would never trust an app that does not make you have one. Are you absolutely sure about this?

If anything I would hop on a computer at least and setup some kind of password protection now, before you do anything else.

And I can't think of anything else you can do at this point other than a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones