• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLUTION] Market Webstore

So i see this is working on nooks. Is your nook listed under your devices? I was thanking about buying a coby kyros MID7015 untill i can afford a better tablet, wonder if this would work if the market and Gtalk was added, wich i belive it can be.

Yep. When I log in, I can see the Nook and my phone. Both are rooted. The Nook is running stock rooted and the phone is running a custom rom. That's the only real difference between the two. When I go to install an app, it simply asks me which device to install it to. It says it hasn't talked to my phone since 1/17 though. I have logged into the market on my phone, bought (free) stuff and rebooted my phone. None of it works. Market on my phone has no issues, but I can't push to it from the web. I'm guessing it has to do with my ROM.

Upvote 0
I also had the initial invalid request message at the very outset. Tried it about 1/2 hour later and I was able to login. Picked some silly Amex app just to see if it worked and it did. Turned on the phone 2 seconds later and there it was, installing the app. Very cool website, something we really needed. I'm rooted on CM7 #23 Invisiblek's beta kernel, if anyone cares.

Upvote 0
^Same here - and I'm too work-busy to backup/reset/restore at the moment.

Although you run a custom rom - I had a leaked Froyo then patched it (all rooted). There was some HTC phone-home stuff I didn't like, so I deleted it. So - our roms may be similar in that we're missing some file like that. My Market list is stale since 8/10 - and that would've been about the time I deleted those files.

It's likely I have backups of everything. If I find the missing culprit, I'll shoot you a PM so you can check your /system for it.

Upvote 0
The ROM I'm using now is buggy. I'm gonna update it to the new version. Been planning to do it anyway, but I've just been too lazy. It's bitterly cold out and everyone but us is closed for the weather. I may update the ROM today and see if that's the problem. Might save other people some issues.

Upvote 0
Yeah I successfully installed one...to a phone that has been deactivated (and has a bad ESN to boot) since October 5th. Something isn't adding up here. I have two phones listed as devices on there, neither of which is the phone that I actually have setting in front of me.

Mine shows 2 also, the one I have now and a previous one I no longer have. As long as I pick the right phone the app installs just fine

Upvote 0
My uneducated guess is that the market is looking under rom version and seeing all sorts of things it doesn't recognize. Mine's Liberty v 1.5. I'd like to see us get that under control and fix it to see if it works. I forget what it's supposed to say.

Upvote 0
Having the same issue. Rooted DX, running stock with bloatware removed, though I have tried a custom ROM in the past. I'm wondering if it is worth the trouble of SBFing back to stock, upgrading, seeing if android market push works, and then methodically removing bloatware and customizing to see if the market still works. Meanwhile, chrome to PC works but has a lag as mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Tried to install an app and it said that 'this item is not available on your carrier' when I tried to select my phone in the app install pop-up screen. The very same app installed fine the usual way. Rooted with custom rom. Maybe that's why it doesn't work with my 'carrier'

Hmm... tried another app and this one worked fine. I guess there are still some teething problems

Upvote 0
Mine shows only about 1/4 of my apps (market on phone now isn't showing everything either!). My phone is showing the right info in settings etc., it's just not pulling everything. (stock Moto Droid)

When I access the site through Chrome I get the "this is not the page you want" message and have to click to go there anyway. Big red line through https. FF just takes me there. You'd almost think Google would let me in! Hello!

So far I'm not impressed, and I haven't even tried to install anything yet!

Upvote 0
When I access the site through Chrome I get the "this is not the page you want" message and have to click to go there anyway. Big red line through https. FF just takes me there. You'd almost think Google would let me in! Hello!

I have been using the site on my Cr-48 laptop (Chrome OS, no other browser on it) without any problems

Upvote 0
SOLUTION TO THE MISSING DEVICE ISSUE FOUND!

From -
Unable to install apps. There are no Android devices associated with this account. - Android Market Help

• Log on to http://market.android.com
  • Click on My Account
  • Click on Recovering Password
  • Enter password (to validate it's you)
  • Under the SMS Section:
    1. Click Edit
    2. If phone number is there - remove your phone number - if number not there, go to step 6
    3. Save
    4. Sign Out
    5. Sign back in, go back to same page as needed - or if prompted:
    6. Enter and save your phone number
    7. Sign out
  • Log on to http://market.android.com
  • Click on My Market Account
  • Click Settings tab - your phone should now appear!

w00t! :) :) :)

(thanks also to Kelmar for the Tip suggestion!)

Reactions: jroc and chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
Google must of changed something because now I can see my device without the solution but it still wont download apps, you just get a message saying "you have not opened the android market recently on this device. Please open it and try again" when you select your device and the install button is grey out on the pop up menu. I used the market today, before and after trying it, so god know what they are talking about. Maybe google shouldn't let their programmers leave the building until they get it sorted.

Upvote 0
I get the same error (you have not opened the android market recently on this device. Please open it and try again). It recognizes what apps I've already installed, but won't let me download anything from the web due to this error. I opened market on my phone and downloaded a random app, but this didn't help. I still get the same error from the webstore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones