• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLUTION] Market Webstore

The solution is not working for me unfortunately. In my case I'm using a newly-created (about 2 hours ago) Gmail account (not Google Apps) and I am trying to get a new (received yesterday) MyTouch 4G to be recognized. I downloaded a free app using the Market on the phone (in case that would kick-start it), but https://market.android.com/account continues to say "There are no Android devices associated with this account".

This doesn't make me feel very comfortable about using Google products, given the total lack of response from Google in the Market forum.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

And you followed the steps in my previous post?

Hmmmm - okey dokey - let me see if I can track down that part...

jroc - I found one guy who said just having his way with it by doing 4 reboots cured it. Kinda suggests that maybe a battery pull will be worth a shot.

Also - I've noticed they've gone back to recommending Talk log-in for it to work...

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
So the fix did not work for me. Also of interest, Fast Web Installer (via AppBrain) doesn't work for me either, even though they just turned it back on and it used to work for me. I'd suggest people try that if they have market issues, maybe that will work for you.

Rooted, thinking about switching ROMS.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

And you followed the steps in my previous post?
I did.

The Market is now showing all my devices, but it took several hours for each device to show up. I waited for each device to show up before starting on the next, because they are all the same model phone using the same Google account and I wanted to be able to name them (don't wan't to download something inappropriate to the kid's phone:D)

And the device listing still isn't fully populated - one is missing the maker and model, another is missing the carrier.

But it is (so far) accurately showing my downloads (all three of them so far).

Mike

Upvote 0
I am having continual issues getting to the site at all from Google Chrome browser only. It's so odd. I have no issues using IE or Firefox, but Chrome still has some odd cert errors. All day today I get a error "Error 200 (net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID): Unknown error." By the way I have tried http and https, same results, page won't load.

Again no problems from IE or Firefox. Anyone else seeing this in Chrome browser? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I am still wondering if we pay for a app or game if we download then uninstall if we can redownload for free. Im a little worried about going through google checkout as it is if we cant download and uninstall when we want i dont know about paid apps for me.

Once you pay for it you can uninstall and reinstall it as many times as you want on whatever phone(s) is associated with your google account.

Upvote 0
They cross-wired the name Google with Android in the certificate, it's safe to proceed.

See post above yours if you're using Chrome.

OK, so I told IE to ignore, but it's still screaming bloody murder. Meanwhile, my wife's PC doesn't get the security certificate error, although she's on IE8 and I'm on IE7.

Seems really odd that Google would let a problem like that stay in place for more than a handful of hours. It's been over a week since I could access the Market without the certificate message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones