• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLVED] Alarm stopped sounding

For no apparent reason, my alarm just stopped sounding. One day it worked as usual, the next day it didn't.

I've tried deleting that particular alarm and setting up a new one--same result. The sounds themselves are fine, as verified with a media player.

All of my volume controls are set to 100%, including alarm.

Ideas?!

Motorola One Hyper running Android 11.

Thanks, guys. Yes, I've done what you suggested. I've never set DND to be on, but I checked it anyway just to make sure, and it's definitely off. Yes, it's the clock that came with the phone. It's always worked flawlessly. And, NO!!, I didn't sleep through it!! :mad:

:D :D

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Never mind! Other sounds stopped working, too, like the clicking sound I have set when I'm typing, so I pulled an old trick I learned from window$ users: reboot! Problem solved. Thanks anyway! :D
In an Army troubleshooting training thing they taught us about the LCU (Lowest Cost Unit). First troubleshooting questions were "Is it plugged in" and "Did you reboot it?" :p

Glad you are all sorted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones