• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *SOLVED* Back to stock from ROM Manager?

XtremeAaron

Android Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Hey fellas,

My girlfriends original droid broke and we did a warrenty replacement, so she now has mine with a 2.2 rom and theres a few issues she complains about. I have been out of the ROM scene too long to remember, but heres what I did and you can tell me where i went wrong?

I downloaded ROM Manager on her droid and downloaded the stock 2.2 files, click keep superuser 2.2, and check backup and wipe data. Next it asks me to reboot into recovery, heres where things get confusing. If I let it reboot alone without touching I get a long M logo screen, a flash, and another reboot which goes through. What am I doing wrong here? Im trying to avoid RSD Lite because I updated my drivers for the droid x and im not sure if thats an issue or not.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------Solved-----------------------------------------
All I had to do was flash a previous version of recovery.

Hey fellas,

My girlfriends original droid broke and we did a warrenty replacement, so she now has mine with a 2.2 rom and theres a few issues she complains about. I have been out of the ROM scene too long to remember, but heres what I did and you can tell me where i went wrong?

I downloaded ROM Manager on her droid and downloaded the stock 2.2 files, click keep superuser 2.2, and check backup and wipe data. Next it asks me to reboot into recovery, heres where things get confusing. If I let it reboot alone without touching I get a long M logo screen, a flash, and another reboot which goes through. What am I doing wrong here? Im trying to avoid RSD Lite because I updated my drivers for the droid x and im not sure if thats an issue or not.

Thanks!

The problem is that you your Droid is offended you felt the need to replace it. :p

It might help to go into ROM manager, Flash Alt. Recovery, then go back and Flash Clockworkmod. If that doesn't work, might wanna try seeing if SPRecovery works.

Reactions: XtremeAaron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones