1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SOLVED Bluetooth still showing paired

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Deleted User, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The bluetooth adapter on my cell phone correctly showed me paired to my hands-free. I turned off the power of the hands-free, and the adapter still shows being paired with the hands-free. Should not the adapter be aware that it is no longer paired to my hands-free?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? are you talking about speakerphones? if so which one do you have? bluetooth adapter? for your phone?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

is it listed as just being paired, or actually connected?

The Bluetooth on my phone shows various devices as paired, but only one("Laser Ears" in blue) is currently connected. This is normal. Any BT devices I no longer have or use, can easily be deleted of course(unpaired).
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20211224-134302_Settings.jpg

#3 mikedt, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    puppykickr, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My phone is a Motorola G Stylus

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The android library uses the term, "bonded", which must be the same as, "paired", and not, as you point out, the same as "connected" I am writing code to determine which of the bonded/paired devices are actually connected. There are some samples of this on the net. I assume that if a bonded device is alive and well, it must be connected to my phone.

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Bonded, connected, paired, they all mean the same thing.
    The devices do not have to be on or powered.

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So this is actually an app development enquiry? I'm not a dev, but I guess that "bonded" is the technical term for when a BT device is paired.

Normally you can easily see what's paired, and what is actually connected, from the Bluetooth information on the device itself. As I previously posted.

If it's turned ON and within range of the phone, yeh. I several BT devices paired or "bonded" to my phone, mostly headphones, earbuds, and speakers, but I'm only connecting and playing audio to one at a time, also sometimes handsfree for phone calls.

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I thought I would tie up this thread, and also thank the respondents. In my opening question, I did not understand that a device being "paired" or "bonded" are the same thing (analogy: the device being in my phone's phone book), and this is different from, "connected" (analogy: my phone and the device talking to each other).

mikedt likes this.