• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[solved] Customizing home pages with ider A10

walteroa

Dec 30, 2011
/// ISSUE SOLVED ///
Hi guys,
I've tried for several times to customize the home page using stock launcher..
(in fact, I hate the "MainScreenTheme" from A9) see image below.

So, I move to stock launcher (using Home Switcher for Froyo) :)

Now, this is what I want to do, but no idea how to solve...

1) i need to create some shortcuts to the home page...(for movie player, etc)
info: only a few apps in the menu are available.:thinking:
How can I create shortcuts that does not appears in the option menu? is it a 2.3.4 rom limitation from Ider?

2) I'd like to add widgets to the home, and then, move them between pages, without external RC, just only the one that cames with the box.
How can I move or delete widgets without a pointing device as mouse, having only this very basic Remote Control?
(on my phone and with touch screen, is so easy, but here is almost imposible) :mad:

please, help !!!
my family are becoming crazy. (family angry.. you know what I mean)

[SOLUTION] plug/unplug/plug std usb mouse and should appear the arrow as you have in PC. Then.. welcome to the customization world.. ;)

Attachments

• MainScreenTheme.jpg
    MainScreenTheme.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 150
this is great!
remote control from PC to your android box, but as far I undesrtood, it needs rooted device (in our case IDER A9 or A10 is not rooted yet)

from their site: The requirements for my app to run is that your devices (both smartphones and tablet) are powered by Android platform version 2.1 or above. Your devices must also be Rooted or Temp-rooted.

PC loves Droid - Share your PC Mouse, Keyboard and Clipboard with Android device - YouTube

so, root is needed urgently!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones