• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Solved Droid wifi problem with Apple Airport Express

mugicha

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Wanted to post this up so that people who have my same situation will know the answer.

I have a Moto Droid and an Apple Airport Express. All the devices in the house connect to the Airport Express fine except the Droid. The Droid will connect but then constantly drop and reconnect. Can't download anything, watch Youtube videos, surf the net etc. Total pain. The Droid can however connect to other WiFi networks fine, including another B/G network we have in the house. The Airport Express is N (B/G compatible). So I started thinking that the N might be the problem, however, when I went into manual settings for the Airport Express there are only options to configure N (i.e. N only, N+B/G, etc.) Nothing to turn off N. Then I found out that if you hold down the Ctrl button while clicking on the Radio Options dropdown menu in the Airport Utility it gives you 4 extra options including B/G only without N.

I switched it to '802.11 b/g compatible' and now my Droid is connecting really well, no dropouts.

Hope this helps someone.

I had the problem that I could connect to just about every Wi-Fi hotspot I could find, but not to my own at home. After searching on Google I tried everything from factory setting the phone to changing various things on the router - NONE of which worked.

For weeks it had me baffled - the I just downloaded Wi-fi fixer from the Android market and it now works like a dream :D

No idea what it does, but it works very well:

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer&hl=en

Ped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones