• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solved]Gmail contacts wont import/sync to phone??

scrattyrat

Oct 29, 2010
edit: This has now sorted itself out. Dont know why it didnt work when it said it was syncing before. maybe it didnt like the number of contacts involved and only wanted to do it on its own 3 hours after i asked.
---------------------

I am unable to get all my gmail contacts onto my desire. I have a gmail account setup on the phone, syncing is set to automatic and the gmail account has all options ticked for syncing. Even after i run a manual sync it does not retrieve all my gmail contacts (people is completely empty, and 'view' is set to only show gmail contacts)

I know its possible because i had them on there before. I removed them from the phone as there were lots of duplicates after merging with my phones contacts. These duplicates all got sent up to gmail and so i removed everything from the phone in order to tidy it all up on gmail with the intention of then re-importing them from gmail. But it will not get anythying from gmail now...

Can anyone help? I am at the final step of sorting all contacts out and now am stuck lol

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones