1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[SOLVED]HELP! Can't Root OR Unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kman9637, Dec 8, 2013.

1. kman9637

kman9637 Well-Known Member

So this is a little interesting... I rooted my phone a couple months ago, and everything worked great, recently, none of the apps that needed root work, so i downloaded root checker and to my surprise, found out that its not rooted!!

So, my PC thinks its rooted and it wont re-root it, and i cant delete Superuser because its a system app, and needs root access to uninstall!! Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

If you can go to super user and turn it to auto grant permissions that worked for me. Good luck hope it helps

3. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

Same as what lnr4e said. It has to do with using the wrong version of superuser and the su binary. Not sure if you updated the binary, but it has to be a 3.0 version, not a 3.1. Something changed that made it not compatible.

4. kman9637

Didn't work. Interesting you said the binary version had some compatibility issues with the rise. The hard drive on my laptop went corrupt so i lost all my files including the version of bin4ry that worked with the rise that worked. Any ideas on what version works since the newer version has the new superuser binary?

5. kman9637

I rooted using the poot method and i now have root access!! :D

Kyocera Rise Forum

The Kyocera Rise release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews