Seriously, I'm at a standoff here... QSI (Quick System Info) tells me I have 31mb free (out of 288mb) on internal partition. This is the place where I need to make a lot more space. Apps are force closing, most certainly because the phone requires more room on internal. I tried using a cache cleaner app (Easy Cache Cleaner) to reduce the size of internal, but it finds very little to erase. I'm not sure what else is on internal partition that I can get rid of, since the phone doesn't tell you! I'm using MIUI XJ ROM. I've moved all apps that I can to SD card. But Qi says my A2SD partition has plenty of space - 483mb free out of 509mb. I don't know why that is, or even how to use it up. The fact that A2SD is listed suggests A2SD is working. But the fact that its numbers are not changing show that only some apps went there. Most appear to be going to the main SD card storage when I manually move apps to SD via an app. How can I reduce internal storage area memory to a significant degree? I've got all the apps I want on the phone. Now I want to be done with having to wrestle with its assorted memory banks and their assorted problems. UPDATE: Ok, it looks like I might have solved my data partition problem by playing with a few terminal commands. Quick System Info now tells me that I have 177mb free on internal storage, and A2SD has finally diminished to 337mb (out of 509mb). ("System storage" remains at 11.18mb free, out of 145mb. That's fine. That's where the ROM is, so it's not going anywhere). SD card storage now has a whopping 2.30gb free, where it was only a few hundred mb before! On top of all that, the phone feels more responsive now. If this helps anyone, the fix included these commands: a2sd check, a2sd repair, a2sd cachesd, a2sd zipalign. That last one accomplished the important task of moving the dalvik cache to SD. Now most of those commands did give me various script errors, that made it look like it wasn't going to work. But it turns out, I just had to ignore them! (Hit enter, when necessary). I can't be sure if the internal mem is going to revert back to its original low figure, once the phone is used for a while, and the various caches decide to shove themselves back into the Desire's crucial memory area. But I did reboot and the numbers remained good. So the Dalvik appears to be staying on SD space.