1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root [Solved] Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scaz, Apr 27, 2010.

1. scaz

scaz Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Male
    CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Cheshire
    I have installed a Villian 5.4 and it seems to always lock up but now works the problem was i forgot to back up my original rom with nandroid and only backed up with flashrec can i go back to my original at all?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    No, the flashrec backup isn't anything important so, without a nandroid backup, there is no way to recover your original firmware/data. In stead you'll just have to install it again using one of the .exe updates from HTC.

Although in your situation, if you're not happy with the buggy 2.1 ROMs, I would install Modaco 3.2. It's exactly the same firmware as your phone came with originally, but much better performing.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    What 'lock-ups' are you having with Villain 5.4? It's working perfectly here.

Did you wipe before installing? Did you do a full Titanium restore after installing?

If you want to go back to stock you can use a stock ROM from here but you would be better going with MoDaCo 3.2.

I would much prefer to get your Villain working as the performance is much better than stock 1.5 or MoDaCo 3.2

And I hope I don't need to say now... Do a Nandroid back-up first :).

4. scaz

scaz Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Male
    CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Cheshire
    I have it working now it was just a bit buggy at 1st

Tags: