1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[SOLVED] I got superglue on the battery cover of my SG3!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CafeKampuchia, Jan 8, 2013.

1. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

How do I get it off without also taking off the paint of the battery cover? :(:frown::dontknow:

This kind of stuff never happened to my wfs. Why did it have to happen to my GS3 :bawling:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Android Expert

You could try diluted acetone. I think that plastic is all one color not painted

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. CafeKampuchia

It's a paint plastic film coating process called hyperglaze, which famously caused delays of the Pebble Blue version like mine at launch.

I just found this:
    I guess I'll try a little diluted fingernail polish remover which is a known cyanoacrylate (superglue) solvent.

4. CafeKampuchia

The first few links I found on Google about Hyperglaze said it is a new paint process. Fortunately the gsmarena.com article above is right and it's really a layer of plastic. The glue is coming off with three ingredients: fingernail polish remover, elbow grease and time :whew:

Problem announced and solved before many of you even woke up this am :D

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Android Expert

Maybe you should look at what's in fingernail polish remover before claiming you solved it and give some credit.

6. Musky

Musky Android Expert

I'm kind of wondering how you got superglue on the back of your phone in the first place? :thinking:

7. CafeKampuchia

I put a bottle down near it not seeing the phone at first. The bottom of the (new) bottle wasn't very flat and it tipped over, actually not in the phone's direction. A drop on the tip splattered in the phone's direction.

8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Lmao D'OH
    phone ok though mate?

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  9. CafeKampuchia

Looks great, thanks for asking!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews