1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [SOLVED] Metro GL no data/cell service after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KA24DERACER, Oct 16, 2014.

1. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I rooted according to ShabbyPenguins guide and now I dont have any cell service whatsoever. No data, no calls or messaging although the service meter has 4 bars (they are permanently greyed out though).

I cannot figure out what is going on if someone could give me some ideas that would be fantastic.

EDIT: Well, I dont know EXACTLY which one fixed it but I re-enabled a few stock apps and that solved it. Unfortunately just re-enabling them didnt do it I had to restart for my data connection to work again and I didnt have time to go through them one by one. So for anyone else who gets this problem or just as a warning it looks like there is an app which if disabled through the app menu (rooted or not I just happened to do all this after I rooted my phone) will interrupt your service.

Advertisement

2. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

Could you please tell me which stock apps you re-enabled? Thanks.

3. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

The metro apps I still have turned off are the Metro App Store, Block-it, 411, MetroMusic, MetroZone, MyMetro and Visual Voicemail. I re-enabled the metro browser and a couple of samsung apps but I cant remember exactly which ones and I dont know which one was causing my problem. Best advice is to just disable them all one by one and re-start between each one to make sure you still have data (at least for the important ones, stuff like the Picasa uploader and all them wont matter).

4. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

Thanks, much appreciated. I could tell you it was most probably the metro browser you disabled. Generally, you can't uninstall, or disable the original browser on any phone without problems.