• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (Solved) MMS videos won't send

jmcook79

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2013
Florida
I just tried sending a MMS with a video for the first time, and no matter the size, it says "message size limit reached. You can't add this video to your message."

I've tried setting the quality to the lowest setting, and it won't even send a 743kb 10 second message. Has anyone else been successful?

*UPDATE*

I guess I should have played with it longer before I posted. I realized that it must be the lowest quality and it has to be under 500kb. This breaks down to 9 seconds of video. Then I discovered that If I go the the messaging app and select attach then capture video rather than recording the video first, it makes it even lower than the lowest quality in the video settings (QCF 176x144) and gives you a whole 30 seconds lol.

The quality is horrible but at least I got to send a quick message to my Wife in South Carolina.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones