1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SOLVED! New M8 first power up without sim

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charlierich, Jan 9, 2016.

1. charlierich

charlierich Lurker

Hello I'm a new member so go easy on me.
    Just bought a brand new sim free m8 for my dad.
    I have put an SD card in and waiting for new sim. I decided to power it up for the first time without a sim so that I could get it set up with settings and apps etc. When it turned on I got an unfamiliar screen got scared and turned it back off just looking for advice as to if this is normal and what option I should select I will upload the picture of the screen hopefully upload works. Thanks in advance for any advice
    IMAG0343.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. charlierich

charlierich Lurker

I'm thinking fast boot but not sure and is it OK doing without a sim card??

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

That's a normal screen but it won't show up every time you turn it on. In your case seeing where you bought a brand ne device with no apps on it choosing the Factory reset option will do no harm and bring you back tothe regular statup screen. I'm still looking for a pin to slide out my SIM card and turn the device on without it to replicate what happened to you. Usually to get to this screen to do a Factory Reset you hold the volume down keys and the power key at the same time. Now where's that little pin at when you need it???....

4. charlierich

charlierich Lurker

Thanks for that. Perhaps I knocked the volume down key when I switched it on... I decided to power it up again yesterday as it seemed this thread was pretty dead and it started up as you would expect. Your reply is appreciated though makes sense about the factory reset won't be doing that now tho. Please stop looking for the little pin

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I left it in my jewelry box at home. The pin is safe. :)

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews