1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Solved!.Now can edit/add custom contact labels in 2.2!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by windstrings, Feb 24, 2011.

1. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

Fixed!.... a new app is out called "Contact Editor" by "Dmfs" that brings back the Android 2.1 editor.... now we can add/edit custom contact labels as well as add www.addresses as with 2.2 there is no option for that either.

I've been searching for this every since android 2.2 update has come out. An oversight they have refused to address until "Dmfs" has taken it upon himself to fix the issue.
    Everything syncs perfect with google too.

The app is free!... I would gladly pay handsomely for it......

I openly admit I have double posted this because I don't want it missed as I have whined about this issue for months with no resolution.

Thank God someone with brains has taken it upon himself to fix the problem that no one else seemingly could fix and hasn't even asked any money for it is the most amazing thing!

Advertisement

2. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

This editor "does not" have the ability to edit/add groups as that coding is written with the original android core editor that supports groups but it appears "sense" has removed the user interface to manipulate custom settings..... thanks! :mad::mad::mad::thinking:

So in other words.. install this app and don't set defaults so you can use the regular editor if you need to add/edit groups, but use this one for all other like adding/editing custom labels for your contact names as the original one from "sense, or motoblur" will not do that....
    Savvy?

If you have installed and gone to edit and made a default choice and need to know how to get back the ability to choose between both, simply go to "from home screen" menu---> settings--> applications--> manage applications-->scroll near the bottom to "contacts" and hit the "clear defaults" button... that will give you the choice of which editor to use and from now on just don't check the box that sets defaults again and you will always be able to choose between the two!