• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (SOLVED) OnePlus 7 Pro - Nothing Besides Wallpaper

1. Manufacturer - (OnePlus)
2. Model - (7 Pro)
3. Software version - (Android 10)
4. Specifics of the problem

Hi everybody, it seems that no one has had this issue or I lack the Smartphone knowledge to find the specific answer to my problem.

Just around one hour ago I wanted to listen to some music while taking a walk with my dog. I noticed that my phone's batteries died. No biggie, connected it to the Warp charger and walked my dog without music.

Came back, Battery already at 33% turned it on, logged in with my lock screen pin, and nothing besides my 3 Buttons (Home, Back, and Overview), the Wallpaper and the top bar (don't know what its called) are showing.

Apps are running since every time I do a restart, my McAfee Notification pops up. I can swipe down to access system settings, set Fly Mode, etc.

When I lock the screen with the right button and unlock it, sometimes the lock screen appears, sometimes it doesn't. Same with the 3 Buttons, sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't.

Restarted with Safe Mode, cleared System UI Cache still the same issue. I can't swipe to any side besides down.

Up doesn't show all my apps, swiping right won't bring up the page with the calculator, and swiping left won't show the rest of the apps on the home screen.

When I access an app through settings>apps and press the overview button either nothing happens or it goes to the blank home screen with just the wallpaper showing or it bugs out in a weird way and then shows only the wallpaper and nothing else.

The weird thing is, that just the battery died, I haven't used that phone all day long. Only after turning it on while it was charging started all this mess.

Now before I factory reset the phone and lose all my stuff, is this problem known, and is there a fix. I'm at my Wit's end, I know my way around PC's but Smartphones are uncharted lands for me.

Thanks in advance.

It was the launcher, clearing the cache didn't solve the issue, but temporarily using the nova launcher (might use it from here on out once I set it up the way I want) but just updating the OnePlus Launcher solved the issue. Since I was still getting an error message when I wanted to see the overview.

Big thanks!

In Addition: It was probably caused by the start since I had an update queued up. So the Launcher was so out of date with the OS version that it kept bugging out.

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones