1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General [SOLVED] Outlook Android app, Default email & Reply-to address. Where is it?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ashton2, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ashton2

Ashton2 Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    These features seem to stump the Microsoft support staff, so I'm loosing hope.

The Android Outlook app is ignoring my default alias email address I have selected in Settings, Accounts, Advanced Settings, Set Default email address. This is also set in Outlook.com's permanent settings, and working perfectly using the web app for Outlook.com.

Under 'Settings' in the app, 'Default' lists only the primary Microsoft hotmail.com account, Not my preferred/Default email account.

There is not a 'Reply-to' custom field I could find either.

A Microsoft Answer Tech recommended I create/verify that I had an Alias created for my desired email From/Reply address. So after creating this alias, and setting it as Primary alias, as I was instructed, the Android Outlook app still does not recognize it as my primary alias and displays the unwanted email address.

Advertisement

2. Ashton2

Ashton2 Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    Solved

I did find the area in the app, under Accounts, where a new email address can be added, then set as the default From and Reply To email address.

This indicates this is unique to the app, and that these settings are not propagating from the Outlook.com settings as we were told by MS.

3. Remco

Remco Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    Hi ashton2,

Can you maybe give some more details on how you did it? Maybe a screen shot. I'm trying to get this done, but thusfar every attempt has failed.

Kind Regards,

Remco