• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOLVED] Please help: Insufficient Storage Space Error, after root

I rooted over a week ago and ever since have been receiving an error when i try to download about 35% of apps from the play store. Video attached. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

If this happens to you after rooting, go to the play store and follow these steps:

1. Search for Link2SD. You MUST DOWNLOAD A VERSION THAT IS AT 2.3 OR LOWER. LINK FOR 2.3 IS BELOW.
2. Install it
3. Open it, if prompted, grant it super user access through superSU
4. Tap menu, then settings
5. Scroll down to Install Location
6. By default it is set to external, change it to automatic.
7. Exit Link2SD and try downloading an app that was not working before, again, it will work now

Link2sd v2.3 download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bh4c89

:) so glad this is finally fixed. Thanks for the help guys

NOTE:

The Motion is currently on firmware version F. For some reason, every time they release a new firmware, at least one app still will not update or install. For firmware E it was MixZing and for firmware F it was MX Player. Not sure why this is, if I find a workaround I will add it to this OP.
WOW THANK YOU!! :D I registered here just to give your post a like
I formatted my sd card, internal storage, tried to repair corrupted data partition and even completely wiped everything and reinstalled a new rom. The problem kept appearing, but with Link2sd it is finally working now :D

Strange that Link2sd could be installed successfully but other apps couldn't before, but I don't care ^^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones