• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Solved] Recovery Boot Optimus V

aceso2896

Jul 24, 2013
I've been browsing forums for the past few hours trying to figure this out and I can't for the life of me figure it out while at the same time not bricking it.

I have two phones (same models and bought at same time). First one I was having issues and then installed forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/188155-stock-rom-lg-vm670.html that rom to revert it back to stock except it gives me a black screen. So I know that rom doesn't work with my phone model as I've read there are two different screens.

So my issue is my phone said there was an update from VM which I accepted. It starts to installs and reboots and fails to install. Now it just constantly boots to the CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5 menu.

I tried installing the update.zip from VM's site but it didn't work. From what I remember we rooted it awhile back and applied the VZ9 radio update if that helps any.

Also before the update it had Android Version 2.2.2

Reactions: aceso2896
Upvote 0
The ZV9 update must be flashed twice in order for it to stick properly...

Since you're still able to boot into the BobzHome recovery (CWM 4.0.1.5), just reflash the ZV9 update again, as instructed in the following guide:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/563443-guide-how-flash-zv9-update-step-step.html

Read, read, & READ, understand each of the steps in that guide before starting...

Thank you for that guide. It's similar to the ones I've been reading all morning, but still isn't doing the trick.

Not really sure what's happening, but now it's bugging me that nothing is working.

I applied the updated as mentioned but it just keeps booting into the recovery menu (would only go to recovery menu once I tried installing the update in the phone menu). It's acting as if there is no boot record or anything.

That guide did mention a blue android but all I'm seeing is the title "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" which I am seeing referred to as BobzHome recovery. Then I see a top hate with a circle arrow progress underneath it, in the middle of the screen in the background.

Upvote 0
... It's similar to the ones I've been reading all morning, ...

... once I tried installing the update in the phone menu...

Again, follow this Guide step-by-step to the letter... and download the ZV9 update fresh from the link provided in this Guide. Do not install from the phone menu--it doesn't work as you're still seeing the BobzHome recovery instead of the 'blue' stock recovery if the ZV9 update had stuck.

Upvote 0
Where I mentioned I installed the update from the phone menu it was when the phone was originally working. It was fully functional and I saw an update applied it there and then now in the CWM mess. I haven't been able to get it to boot back to the OS. I might've wrote it wrong so it sounded like I was doing it the other way.

Again, follow this Guide step-by-step to the letter... and download the ZV9 update fresh from the link provided in this Guide. Do not install from the phone menu--it doesn't work as you're still seeing the BobzHome recovery instead of the 'blue' stock recovery if the ZV9 update had stuck.

That's the problem I've been having to repeat 1-9 over and over because I do the following:

1) Apply update
2) Reboot
3) Still not in stock rom yet like it says (blue android stock recovery)
4) Wipe/Reset Factory
5) Go back to step 1

Been doing this the past hour because it refuses to go back to stock rom. I tried the one I got from VM site and the one that was listed in that link.

Attached images. First one is what it always reboots to. Second shows the data/factory reset wipe. Then last shows the update installed.

Attachments

• droidAtScreen-1.png
    droidAtScreen-1.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 74
  • droidAtScreen-40.png
    droidAtScreen-40.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 107
  • droidAtScreen-192.png
    droidAtScreen-192.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Got you now... sounds like it's stuck in a recovery boot loop. I've no experience with this so better wait for AndyOpie150, badblue1 or one of the other experts here to provide assistance. You'll probably need to flash another recovery that has the boot-loop fix, correct the boot problem, and then might have to flash back to the BobzHome recovery in order for updating to the ZV9.

Upvote 0
Got you now... sounds like it's stuck in a recovery boot loop. I've no experience with this so better wait for AndyOpie150, badblue1 or one of the other experts here to provide assistance. You'll probably need to flash another recovery that has the boot-loop fix, correct the boot problem, and then might have to flash back to the BobzHome recovery in order for updating to the ZV9.

Thanks for the help. Yea this loop is being a pain in the rear. I'll keep doing some more searches and hope I stumble on something soon otherwise I'll wait for their responses if they can help.

Alright so I took the words you mentioned in your post and it was enough for me to find a google post about it.

For anyone with similar problems (or if I'm dumb enough again) http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...tory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html#post3263770

explains the process

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones