1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Solved] Screen Dead - Unrooting Blind?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RainWind, Mar 5, 2011.

1. RainWind

RainWind Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    My screen on my EVO just died. Started flickering, then it just went out. I'm sure if I sent a rooted EVO to them they'd claim that my custom ROM killed the screen and make me pay full price for the replacement parts... which is ludicrous.

How do I go about unrooting and restoring it back to stock completely blind?

Edit: More specifically, if I blindly flash the PC36IMG how am I going to tell if it's back to S-OFF? If I wipe out the SD card leaving only the format all zip, run that (I think I could navigate to it blind lol), then run the stock RUU it'll be back to how it was stock except I can't check S-OFF.

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    hmm.. that's a pickle. As of checking out if S-OFF is back, i remember reading on one of the wallpaper threads from 2008 or so, a G1 user was using ADB to take screen shots..? I think that is what I read.

If that is possible, you might be able to screen shot the boot loader?

3. RainWind

RainWind Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Problem solved, yay. I did a nandroib backup from ADB and after I typed reboot the screen came on long enough for me to get it back to s-on and flash the RUU. Hopefully I can get it taken in tomorrow for repair.

Tags: