1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Solved] Screen Goes Black on Answering Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmpyutr, Apr 7, 2014.

1. cmpyutr

cmpyutr Newbie

As soon as I swipe to answer an incoming call, my screen goes black. Does this happen to everybody? I have to hit the power button to bring the screen back, so I can punch the speaker icon. In the meantime, the person calling me is wondering where I am? Very disturbing. Anybody have a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. suprafreak

suprafreak Well-Known Member

i know the phone uses the accelerometer to sense where the phones at when receiving a call. when you put the phone up to your ear the screen shuts off so you can ear dial or hang up. and when you move the phone down to the dial or text position the screen should turn on. it works pretty good on my phone once i got the hang of it.

3. cmpyutr

cmpyutr Newbie

Thanks for that. Your answer got me thinking about the "accelerometer", whatever the heck that is, and it senses maybe darkness when the phone is up against your ear, so it turns off.

I had stuck my new phone in a plastic sandwich bag until I got my screen protectors. Guess what? The plastic bag blocked the light to the "accelerometer" just enough that as soon as I swiped to answer, the dang thing thought it was up against my ear.

Solution: Take the phone outta the sandwich bag. Screen no longer goes black immediately after swipe, which then allowed me to hit the speaker button.

Try it. See if you can duplicate it. Much fun.

ZTE Warp 4G Forum

The ZTE Warp 4G release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews