1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [SOLVED] *** Security Warning *** in Hboot after trying to S-on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boerminator, May 9, 2012.

1. Boerminator

Boerminator Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    I have to send my DS in for repairs (again!) because the camera flash and an area of the touchscreen don't work anymore. In an attempt to fix an earlier problem I rooted my phone and installed a custom ROM. Now I have to set the stuff back to out-of-box mode. So I followed the instructions in here to S-on.

At first I couldn't get this to work. I choose 'radio' instead of 'bootloader'. D'oh! So I proceeded with the alternative approach:

After copying the .zip to my SD I realized I should have used 'bootloader' in Android Flasher. This time I got it to work.

However the process didn't finish properly I think. It did state that the files had been copied but the progress bar never filled up completely. However when I aborted the process it gave a 'succesfully finished' notice.

I assumed (yes, the mother of all...) that I could proceed and ran the appropriate Vodafone UK RUU. This processed up to 22% and then got stuck. Now when I start up my phone it boots to Hboot even without holding vol-down + power and I get the following info:

*** Security Warning ***
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-0.98.0000
    RADIO-38.03-02.15_M
    eMMC-boot
    Mar 10 2011, 14:58:38

When I choose Recovery I'm not taken to a menu where I can flash a new ROM from my SD-card. Instead it re-boots the phone and goes back to the Hboot start screen.

I can't connect to the device via USB / command prompt: it doesn't show up when I enter "adb devices".
    I can't flash a RUU because the device is S-on now.
    I can't use Revolutionary to S-off again because the device doesn't respond in command prompt.
    When I choose 'bootloader' from the Hboot screen it doesn indicate it is "Checking PG88IMG.zip" that's still on the SD. But removing the SD doesn't solve anything.

Does someone have any other idea or am I royally screwed?

Edit: removed PG88IMG.zip from SD card. No difference.

Edit: I seem to have the same problem as this guy. Will update if I find a solution. In the meantime, any help is still appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Boerminator

Boerminator Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Solved. I used the following advice from the thread I referred to previously.

Tried this but the .zip wasn't recognized. PB99IMG didn't look very familiar to me but PB88IMG did. Maybe a typo or something else? Anyhow, I changed the filename to PB88IMG.zip This time Hboot recognized the .zip and I'm happily running Android 2.3.3 again. Hboot version 0.98.0000 though, and when i got it back from the last repair it was 2.00.0002. Let's hope the HTC techs won't give me too much trouble...

Tags: