• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solved]Setting contact ringtones using doubletwist

Brand new to captivate. Finally setup doubletwist to transfer my previous ringtones. I could only set up a folder in music and so did that. Now I am trying to link to them and all I get is library. Are the ringtones in the wrong location? The basic process of setting it to a contact (as listed in many places) doesnt seem to work...

Love the phone but intuitive IT IS NOT!

Long-press the contact you want to add the ringtone to, tap "Edit", navigate down to "Ringtone", tap that, choose Sound, and find the file you want.

Either that, or open the song in the stock player, bring up the menu, and choose "Set as...", then pick "Contact Ringtone".

I believe there are a few other options regarding your folder structure, but I can't recall exactly what they are at the moment. I'm sure someone else can fill you in.

It's all pretty simple and there are 5 or 6 ways to do something like that, but you just have to figure them out at first.

EDIT: Also, though it sounds like you already have the ringtones you want, Ringdroid is a great app for trimming mp3s and audio files. Upon saving it, it will ask you if you want to use the file as a default ringtone, contact ringtone, or notification.

Upvote 0
Thanks BigCat but no go on both counts. I wasnt able to navigate down as there was no "Ringtone" to navigate to. Tried #2 and dont have a menu which says "Contact Ringtone". Any other suggestions? Its a stock Captivate...
1) Do you have your contacts on the phone, or just on the SIM card? I don't believe you can set ringtones for contacts on the SIM card. I'm beginning to think this is the issue if you're not getting "ringtone" as an option while editing contacts.
2) In order to get this (I just realized this) you have to navigate to and open the file from "My Files", then bring up that menu to get "Set As..."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones