1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Solved: SGH-I747M MAP Bluetooth Profile and Ford SYNC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skorpien, Aug 14, 2012.

1. skorpien

skorpien Newbie

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with a built in NAV unit and Ford SYNC. From what I've read online, it would seem that both my car and my phone have the Bluetooth MAP profile, so theoretically I should be able to have SYNC notify and read me new text messages while they're connected. I was able to do this with my Nokia Lumia 900 before switching to the S3 and had thought it was impossible with my phone, until I recently read of some having luck getting it to work. I've updated my SYNC to the latest available version and I was able to turn on MAP in the advanced options on the NAV unit, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. skorpien

skorpien Newbie

For anyone reading this, I've managed to get it to work. I'm not sure if this is the correct sequence of events, but this is what I did:

Updated my SYNC nav unit to the latest version via USB
    Turned on Message Access Profile (MAP) in the advanced options of the Bluetooth devices menu on the SYNC unit
    Unpaired my Galaxy S3 and deleted it from the phone list in SYNC
    Re-pair the S3 with SYNC
    When prompted to allow MAP on the S3, checked the "Do not ask again" box and selected yes

I have tested it and it seems to be working. I was also worried that it would stop working after turning my car off and back on again to re-establish the Bluetooth connection, though testing seems to show it works. I'll update this thread if ever it stops working but here's hoping that it continues functioning properly.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews